Monday, February 26, 2018

Sad day


Cindy and I made the drive to Virginia, Ill., today for Aunt Nora's funeral. There was an hour of visitation followed by a graveside service and lunch.


This photo of my baptism was one of the photos the family chose for the memory board ...


... and this one from our wedding. Me with my godmothers - and I just realized they're in the same position as they were in the baptism photo!


Despite the circumstance, it was good to see my cousins again!


I was the guest book register for Cousin Wanda's wedding and it was at the church where the funeral luncheon was held. I had Cindy take a picture of me recreating my duties that day.


I saw this display in a truck stop on the way to the funeral - pocket knives that look like little pistols. They also had pocket knives shaped like bullets. Lots of things to get L suspended from school.


This was an interesting find at a thrift store we stopped at along the way. I did not buy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment