Thursday, April 23, 2015

(The last) field trip


I think this is the last field trip chaperoning I'll be doing. There was some confusion as to whether I was chaperoning (apparently checking the "yes" box on the permission slip isn't good enough) so L had me email her teacher last night saying I'm available to go and he said that would be fine. So, I get to school and he first informs me that I won't be with L's group. Isn't that the whole purpose of chaperoning? To spend the day with your kid and their friends? So I had to pal around with the teacher and watch a group of eight girls. Those girls were divided into two groups to work on a project while at the Museum of Science and Industry, but somehow they were expected to stay together as one group (wanting to constantly go two different ways). Then they started fighting within the groups. Basically I followed the girls around all day as they were supposed to "lead" the visit in order to finish their projects. What a nightmare. I did get to see L a little at lunch and then before we left the museum. We weren't even on the same bus. Never again.

No comments:

Post a Comment