Thursday, April 16, 2015

Another breakfast


I was a week ahead of myself when I took L to Dunkin' Donuts in lieu of attending the school's Honor Roll breakfast. The breakfast was this morning and L's friends were planning to go, so she wanted to go too ... and she wanted to get her bumper sticker and pencils. I was all set to take her until I was driving E and B to school and L called, screaming that the smoke detector in the living room was going off and it woke her up. I turned the car around and B and I took down the smoke detector, searched the house for smoke and figured it was malfunctioning. We pushed a pause button on the detector and L went with me to take E and B to school because she didn't want to be home alone. When L and I got back, the detector was going off again, and it wasn't the chirping "your batteries are dying" sound. It was a full-blown alarm. Apparently the detector we have isn't one you change the battery in. It's supposed to last for 20 years. We've had it two. I had to pull a sticker off the back to expose a screw then turn the screw to off to get the noise to stop. I decided to stay home from the breakfast just in case, and L's friend A's mom came and picked L up so she could go to the breakfast. What a morning.


Friends A and J with L at the Honor Roll breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment