Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Alley work


The village is reconstructing our alley and by tomorrow we have to have the cars out of the garage by 7 a.m. They'll be parked on the street for a maximum of three weeks while the work is under way. Because our garage opens to the street, they'll be tearing up our apron and pouring new concrete. The picture above is the work that started yesterday. They had a couple of frontloaders parked on the street and delivered huge concrete sewer pipes. One was 6 feet tall/long, sitting on our parkway.


The crew told me they would be doing some work today, but that I'd still be able to access the garage and get my car out. When I went to take E and B to school this morning, there was a concrete pipe sitting on my apron and a pile of rocks. They moved the pipe for me and helped guide me around the rock pile as I backed out of the garage. That's an interesting way to start the day. Fortunately, I didn't hit anything. I was joking with B that we could have scared them by slapping the "student driver" magnet on the car and letting him back it out of the garage.


Welcome to construction season.

No comments:

Post a Comment