Thursday, December 26, 2013

Discarded present?


When I went to pull the car out of the garage this morning, I noticed this basket sitting on top of our recycling bin in the alley. Inside it was a snow-covered doll wrapped in a towel. The tag said, "To: Sophia, From: Great Gramma and Papa Joe." I have no idea who Sophia is. Apparently she's a little girl who didn't like her new doll.

I forgot about this until I was cleaning out my purse this morning and pulled out the bulletin from the Christmas Eve service. When we were in church Christmas Eve we were listening to Luke 2:8-14. B leaned over and said, "I recognize this." I said he should. "It's from 'Charlie Brown,'" he replied. That kid needs to pay more attention in church.

Another funny kid moment over the holiday was when L was asking Cindy and me to pick her up ingredients to make a pie for Christmas. Reading from the recipe, she said she needed "pulling" and "tobbing." She meant pudding and topping. Time for an eye exam for that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment