Monday, June 18, 2012

Paying me to shop

Today was the annual "bag sale" for Economy Shop volunteers. The shop is pretty much cleaned out; our last public sale was Saturday. On "bag sale" day, volunteers pay $5 for a kitchen garbage bag to fill with whatever they want that's left in the shop. The more stuff that is taken, the less volunteers have to get rid of or store before we take the summer off.

I didn't have much luck, but was able to find a few things: a green vase, Skip-Bo cards, a Seinfeld trivia game, a couple Beanie Babies, some shirts for L, a few books and a couple of baskets. I found a pair of shorts I thought would fit me and although I can get them buttoned, they're a bit tight. But, apparently, they're my lucky shorts. I felt something in the pocked and woo-hoo, I pulled out a $20 bill.


No comments:

Post a Comment