Thursday, June 7, 2012

Movie potluck

Sometime during the school year E got the idea to write a movie script and film a movie this summer. She managed to talk several of her friends into being in the movie, as well as a couple of B's friends. Yesterday afternoon, all the kids (nine in all) met at the nearby schoolyard to start scoping out the scenes. They took a brief respite here while E walked Raffi, a neighborhood dog, then they left to scout out another park. They descended on our house around 5 p.m., sat at the dining room table and read through the script, making changes, etc.


Part of E's plan (unbeknownst to me until a couple of days ago) was that everyone was going to bring along food for a potluck dinner. I, surprise, was going to be supplying the burgers and manpower. They didn't do too bad for a potluck - soda, banana bread, crackers, chips, more chips, dip, a cantaloupe, cinnamon rolls, a watermelon and two bags of microwave popcorn. I was afraid they'd end up with some soda and lots of chips. Andy grilled the burgers when he got home from work and the kids had a good time eating and playing video games in the basement. The party broke up about 8 p.m.

I didn't take any pictures as the kids were planning their blockbuster movie, but someone took a pic of one of E's friends, J. Not sure who did that. Guess that's what I get when I leave my camera laying around. I'm surprised there weren't more mystery photos on my camera. At one point, J sat down at the piano and played a song from memory. It was the best my piano sounded in years.

No comments:

Post a Comment