Monday, June 4, 2012

Mommy's helper

We have a sale at the Economy Shop on Thursday and although Tuesday is the regular day to set up for the sale, I can't be there with L. That's against all the rules. L came in today and helped me move and sort boxes. She filled up two large moving boxes with Beanie Babies that we sent up to the attic to sell next fall. We're currently selling Beanie Babies five for $1 and these were so cute, I just couldn't let them go for that. L, of course, tossed a few aside that she'd like to add to her collection at home.

L ended up with $10 worth of stuff to bring home. We also found a couple of things for E - the book "Divergent" that she has on request at the library (guess we can cancel that!) and a golfer Beanie Baby that was too cute to leave behind. I only had two $20 bills on me, so L ran to the third-floor shoe room to see if my friend Nancy had change. She did. L came running back with a $10 bill and two $5 bills. She told Nancy she'd be right back up with the $20 bill. Nancy said she'd be waiting for it. She knows L all too well. Here's a pic of L and her "finds" at the Economy Shop:


She certainly has enough stuffed animals already, but she worked hard for three hours so that comes out to roughly $3 an hour. I couldn't have done as much as I did without her.

No comments:

Post a Comment