Saturday, April 13, 2024

House concert

Our friend Leslie hosted another house concert last night, this one featuring Michelle Malone. I believe this was our third time seeing her at our friend L's house. She hosted her for a concert in 2017 and in 2015 for a July Fourth barbecue.
We were busy talking instead of sitting down to each before the music started so we ended up in the "cheap seats." Still were able to see and hear fine but we felt far away. At least I could check my phone for grandbaby-arrival news from Cindy without the performers noticing. (BTW I woke up to the news that 7-pound, 15-ounce Aurora Fay was born this morning).
Our hostess provided the entree and asks guests to bring a side, a drink or dessert. I made this Pecan Upside Down Cake that I had been waiting for an occasion to try. Most of the pecan topping stuck in the pan. I had to scrape it off and stick it back on the cake. And the cake itself stuck a bit.
I waited to cut it until I got to Leslie's house and she handed me a cake server with notches on it. I tried to cut it and made a mess of it. People told me it tasted good. One woman said she had two slices. This is the "after party" situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment