Tuesday, April 9, 2024

Almost full eclipse

Thanks to the generosity of a neighbor, I was able to get eclipse glasses yesterday morning for me and B. B had walked to Walgreens to see if they had any left Monday morning and they didn't. Then I asked on our neighborhood FB page if anyone had a couple to spare and an immediate response. Initially I wasn't going to watch it outside, just watch all the coverage on TV, but with all the media coverage I had FOMO - fear of missing out.
Ready! Nice day to sit outside. At least we had a clear day, unlike the last one in 2017.
We got almost 95 percent coverage at 2:07 p.m.
Pic from L in Champaign, close to 2 p.m.
Allison stopped by to see it and B took a break from working to come outside. It get a bit chillier and slightly darker but overall, it wasn't as exciting as I had hoped for. I heard the next almost total eclipse in Chicago will be in 2099 so I guess this was something to see.
Perhaps if I saw this, taken by my cousin L. near Rolla, Mo., I would hve been in awe. Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment