Sunday, July 25, 2021

More partying & an ordination

Today L went out with her college friends for her bday. Two were at the party Saturday and slept over. They had lunch at Red Robin after learning that the wait at Chili's would have been too long.
Meanwhile, B caught the train at Union Station to stay in Champaign for a few days. He'll see some friends then clean put his apartment and turn in the key.
Out on the West Coast, E and D went to a racetrack in Auburn to watch the Corgi races. Azula didn't compete but maybe next year!
Andy and I were in Northfield for our pastor's ordination ceremony.
He was ordained last year but the service kept being postponed because of Covid. It finally happened today, which is also his birthday.
After the service we met up with a group of church friends at Hackney's for dinner. Even though I worked up there for years, I had never been there. It's a North Shore institution but I have to say I wasn't impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment