Saturday, July 31, 2021

Church history

I met my friend L at the local historical society Thursday afternoon to start researching the church's 150th anniversary in 2024.
There's discussion going on now to move our 11 a.m. worship time earlier and we both found it funny to see this bulletin with a 10:30 a.m. church time. We texted a pic to the minister.
We searched through lots of old Oak Leaves ...
and found several articles written by yours truly. Most I didn't remember writing.
This little book contained bound bulletins when the church was known as Second Congregational Church.
It was my first time in the historical society since they moved to Lake Street. When I worked at the newspaper I was at the historical society a lot.
The new space is really nice. In the display case is the Tarzan exhibit since creator/writer Edgar Rice Burroughs lived in the village for a while. Interesting to hear that a church member donated many of the Tarzan items.

No comments:

Post a Comment