Sunday, April 4, 2021

Not a traditional Easter

Our church was having massive buffering issues on YouTube this morning so when Darla told me she and her mom were watching St. Paul UCC online, I decided to join them. It was nice to see my hometown church and chat with Darla through the service. I spent a lot of hours in that sanctuary. It's changed a lot. They didn't even sing "Holy, Holy, Holy" as the opening Easter hymn and that was disappointing. Growing up I thought every church did that on Easter.
Andy and I went to Pilgrim this morning (after our online service was officially delayed and removed. They're going to post it later) to take pictures of the Easter Egg Hunt. Andy took this artsy picture before the kids started the hunt. We came home and had a simple Easter lunch - ham, hashbrown casserole and carrots.
Then we walked over to Fitzgerald's to sit on their patio and listen to some live music.
We listened to The Lawrence Peters Outfit. I would have described it as honky-tonk music, but it was listed as "un-ruined country." Whatever you call it, I liked it. It was such a nice day (about 75 degrees!) we came home and sat outside with a fire ... and Schubert.

No comments:

Post a Comment