Saturday, May 9, 2020

The Huskie's here!

What a jam-packed day! I got up early to do the grocery shopping but L had 14 masks sitting by the sewing machine that needed elastic sewn in before Allison was coming over at 9 a.m. so they could run some errands. I sewed the elastics then went to the grocery stores and got gas. I came home, peeled 3 pounds of apples to make Martha Stewart's apple crisp (delicious!), put a load of laundry in and unloaded the dishwasher. Then when I got a chance to sit down, L texted and asked me to make cupcakes for her friend J's bday. Sure.


Fortunately, they got home by 11 a.m. The high school had teachers and staff deliver signs to all the seniors between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. I had the blinds open and saw a delivery and the mascot a few houses down. I was able to get a picture of them coming to our house. I don't think everyone got a visit from the mascot, whose name I learned the other day is Hemmy. Because of Hemingway. Hmmm.


Socially distancing from the Huskie! How fun!!


And an up-close picture of the sign. They delivered over 800 signs. We were fortunate to get ours before noon.


And my day started great with a visit (finally!) from Schubert. We haven't seen in around in almost three weeks! He's still wearing the bowtie we gave him. He stopped by twice today.


This was a nice surprise - one of the little boys in my preschool class stopped by with his family to deliver flowers and a bead necklace. G was so proud of himself telling me he made the necklace himself!

No comments:

Post a Comment