Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Author reading


Allison and I went to the Nineteenth Club in town tonight for hometown author Elizabeth Berg's reading and release of her new book, "The Confession Club." It cost $10 to get in, but then I was able to apply that to the cost of the book so I bought the book even before the talk. It's the third book in a series. I've read the second book and she's already working on the fourth.


She read from the book and then took questions from the audience.


After the talk, we got cupcakes (!) and she was signing and inscribing books. When the guy asked my name so he could write it on a note for her, I said, "Cheri," and he said, "C-h-e-r-i?" I was shocked. I think that's the first time in my life someone spelled my name right without me spelling it for them. He said I looked like a "C" person. Hmmm. Not sure what that means, but OK. I asked her about the research she did a few years ago at the Nursery School when she sat in and observed some classes. She said she did, but she hasn't written about it yet. She said she loved the kids and would come back and read anytime. I'll keep that in mind.


Here she is signing my book. Allison took the pictures while I talked to Berg.


And I had to get a picture with her. Of all the authors I like, I'm pretty sure I've read more of her books than another other author.


My inscription from the author. Now it's time to get reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment