Saturday, September 28, 2019

Retreating


Andy and me in the dining hall.


The kids had an activity in the morning and the adult had a book discussion. Afterward, we picked up the kids (they were in the playground) and went to Dinge's farm. We saw this deer by the new retreat center where the girls were staying.


You're never too old to enjoy swinging.


L saw a llama at the farm. She wasn't scared - I told her to pose like that.


L and her friend A each paid $5 to pick Concord grapes.



Then we took the girls to a few antique shops. I didn't find anything I had to have. This Life magazine from Queen Elizabeth's coronation was pretty interesting though.

We drove into New Buffalo where Andy and I wanted to go to a brewery that's in an old church, Beer Church Brewing. (The girls went shopping in New Buffalo). We noticed the cross on the steeple was crooked as we walked toward it. Apparently, that's how they wanted it.


A pic of the inside. I'm assuming the lights are original ...


... as well as the stained glass on the doors behind me. I was hoping the windows inside would be stained glass but they weren't.


I was a bit taken aback that an altar was being used to serve beer.


After getting back to camp, Andy and I walked to the lake. I was trying to write Pilgrim Retreat in the sand when a wave came up and soaked my shoes. The waves were pretty strong.


Back at camp, one of our members had laid out an array of mushrooms she found in the woods. The big one was incredible.


This is my team at the trivia contest Saturday night. We won the trivia, but L's team earned points by being the first to complete a puzzle ...


... and earned more points for tying with another team (not mine) in the cup-building challenge.


We also celebrated a member's birthday. She brought two cakes to share with everyone and they were delicious.


She even asked L to help her cut and serve the cakes.


After the games, it was time to gather around a fire that Andy built. We were lucky it didn't rain today and we were able to be outside.


Andy stokes the fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment