Friday, July 5, 2019

What a day


I should have known today was going to be an interesting birthday when Andy shot mustard all over the kitchen floor and refrigerator while making himself lunch this morning.


Then, L and I were up early to do the grocery shopping. On our way home, this pickup truck pulled right out in front of me. I was at a stop sign on 16th Street and fortunately saw him in time to stop as I was going through the intersection. He tried to turn but ended up in the oncoming traffic lane before getting in the correct lane and then - right in front of us - slammed into a guy who was waiting at the light at Ridgeland. L and I pulled over to see if the guy was OK and L called the police.


When the police got there I told them what happened and that we were almost a hit a block away. The guy must have been drunk. We left when they started giving him field sobriety tests. It was about 10 a.m. We had to get home, unpack the groceries and get L's friends to drive them to Rosemont for an anime convention.


We had another driving incident on the way to get her friend, N. Once I dropped them off and got safely home, I stayed home. Too shaken to go out again. Yikes. The girls were so excited and pleased that the check-in at the hotel went smoothly.


And this was my birthday present from the kids - a light blue pair of Birkenstocks. Very cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment