Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Sister shopping day


L and I went with Allison this morning to meet Julie at the Party City in Elmhurst that's closing. L and I were there last week but L had to see what was left if anything. This sushi hat was there - she didn't buy it.


We all did a pretty good job of finding things. This skeleton cost me $1, I got pinecone string lights for $1 (regularly $9.99 with 90 percent off) and the 150-count Wilton cupcake holders for 80 cents. We all agreed after we checked out and saw how low the prices were that we should go back for more! I spent $16.74 but saved $82.33 from their regular prices.


We ended up in Glen Ellyn for lunch. L chose 2Toots Train Whistle Grill (where all the seat are on the tracks). We were hesitant to go in because it looked so childish, but L insisted. The kid in the booth behind us was celebrating his first birthday. The food was OK though.


This was one of my thrift-store finds. It's a solar-powered light if it works, and if not, it's a $2 yard decoration.


And this cost me $4 with all the balls and beads inside (that spilled all over the back of Allison's car on the way home). I think we went to six thrift/antique stores throughout the day, and Party City, of course. L wants to do another shopping day by Julie's but going to yard sales. That can be arranged.

No comments:

Post a Comment