Friday, May 26, 2017

'Jurassic World' at the Field



Andy and I went downtown last night for the Field Museum's private opening of "Jurassic World." It took some fast talking on my part to get Andy to pose for these photos, but I think they came out pretty good. And look at him hamming it up!


The bar was open during the reception and Andy tried the exhibit's special drink, a T-Rex Twist.


We thought we'd get food, but all they had were passed appetizers ... and we didn't get many of those. I had one, a tomato chopped up on a small piece of toast. Andy managed to snag a few of these "dinosaur eggs." I had to get a picture since I've never seen a deviled egg so small.


After the reception, we toured the new exhibit. It opens to the public today and runs through Jan. 7, 2018. It features dinosaurs that move and it's really well done. Not sure I'd pay extra to see it though.



Here's Andy putting his arm in fake (obviously) dinosaur dung.


This picture was taken on our way into the exhibit, in front of a green screen. We were told where to look and to look frightened. Andy did a better job than I did.


And since we left hungry, we stopped in Forest Park on the way home for some Mexican food.

No comments:

Post a Comment