Saturday, November 1, 2014

My messy kitchen


Today was the last farmers market of the season and Andy got up in the wee hours of the morning to make the chocolate glaze, realizing he didn't have enough cocoa powder. He drove to the 24-hour grocery store and was the only customer there (one man was walking out as he was walking in). He made the glaze while I was fast asleep, packed up the crockpots and headed to church to begin making the doughnuts. I woke up to a chocolate-covered kitchen, lots of dishes in the sink and powdered sugar on the flour. I tackled all of that after I had my morning coffee. The doughnuts did come out looking tasty, didn't they?


Then, in the afternoon, L and her neighborhood friend, N and B, went to the corner drugstore to check out the post-Halloween sales. Grandma Barbara gave her $10 for a Halloween gift and she used just $2 of it to purchase a zombie sugar cookie kit. She brought her friends back to the house to make the cookies. I let them bake them, but then they had to leave so I could start making dinner, clean the kitchen and run the dishwasher for the second time of the day. There was so much flour on the floor that it felt like a skating rink. I put the cookies on a cooling rack and they went to N's house to decorate them. The end result was pretty impressive and we have four zombie cookie cutters to keep forever. She was pretty excited about that.

E went with her friend L to lunch at Pete's then hung out in the basement watching movies and "Game of Thrones" episodes. It was our first time to meet him and that went pretty well. Course, I had to tease E that she could have offered him something to drink or eat while keeping him contained in the basement all afternoon. Maybe next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment