Friday, June 20, 2014

Friday's update


Since I don't have a picture for this post, I'll use the one E put on Facebook Monday of her jetlagged on the flight to Akita after landing in Tokyo. And here it is ... sensei's Friday update:

We had a busy day! Students are getting tired and some are sick. I took two students to the doctor`s office this morning. ... We reminded all the students to get plenty of fluid, nutrition and rest. But it is hard to stop them from experiencing everything! They don`t want to miss out on anything!! I understand that. I was young once... a while ago.

Today was the start of the school festival. All the students and teachers were in the gym, watching various performances - singing, dancing, plays, competitions of all sorts, cross-dressing contest, fashion show etc.

Our students performed well too! The the three show-choir boys did a great job singing and dancing two songs. he entire audience fell in love with Joe. Charlie was upset but it's okay, we can all share Joe. hen our group song `Love Is an Open Door`. Honestly, I am so sick of Frozen since my kids sing it all the time, but they did a great job! Some of the kids were `stiff` :) yes, they were `Frozen`. Now the ice is melted and I will never have to listen to it again!...so I thought...but the movie just came out in Japan, so many people still like it...I just passed by a group of girls singing the song....`the winter is over....melt yourself out of it...` Well it looks like I will be stuck in the frozen land for a little longer.... They should just `let it go`...right?

Tomorrow, the school is open to the public and the students will entertain the guests. Classrooms are turned into restaurants, haunted house, carnival, etc. I am looking forward to be the guest and seeing everything. Our students are helping prepare their homeroom class get ready. As for tonight, they will all go home and rest, I hope....

Tomorrow is Saturday, but we still have school, so I will write an update. Tonight I will be drinking lots of water to re-energize myself. Japanese water is called `sake` in case you didn`t know. Actually Akita is famous for its rice, therefore also sake. Akita rice is like Kobe beef. It is a prestigious brand. I wish I drank so I could enjoy the famous Akita sake, but I guess I will just enjoy eating rice...rice...so boring...not like sake...rice...boring like me...oh well. More tomorrow~ I will be drunk with rice :)



No comments:

Post a Comment