Sunday, March 25, 2012

1,000 pieces

Last night I was so bored, I pulled out this 1,000-piece puzzle I brought home a few weeks ago from the Economy Shop. For $1 I figured it would give us a few hours of entertainment. We've done puzzles before on spring break. It's my sneaky way of peeling the kids away from the computer and TV. E got started on it with me last night and this morning, both E and B were busy putting the puzzle together.

E and Andy went golfing this afternoon with one of E's friends from the golf team, L, so B had his friend IB come over. Our goal was to have it done before E got home. With B and IB both helping, we easily beat her by two hours. In all, it took about five hours to finish it. Not too shabby. Surprisingly, all the pieces were there!

The puzzle is Frank Lloyd Wright's Saguaro Glass Design. According to the puzzle box, Wright "created Saguaro Forms and Cactus Flowers in 1927/28 as one of a series of unpublished magazine covers. He later chose it as the cover of Modern Architecture, a collection of his lectures delivered at Princeton University in 1930." We might have to tackle another puzzle this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment