Sunday, November 21, 2010

Lake Geneva

Today was my third and final day scrapbooking with my sister-in-law at Lake Geneva, Wis. We stayed at The Lodge at Geneva Ridge, which is actually on Lake Como. We arrived Friday afternoon and started scrapping. Instead of going out to dinner we headed to the bar for a $4.50 draft of Leinie's Nut Brown Ale during happy hour and were delighted to see that they were serving free nachos and chili. I'm not a big chili fan, but it was pretty good, a little spicy. Here was the view from the room where we were scrapbooking:

Saturday we went to the town of Lake Geneva for lunch at Scuttlebut's and did a little shopping. I bought Andy a bottle of Broke Ass wine. Seriously, that's what it was called and it was flying off the shelf. Hope it tastes OK. I updated all four of my albums and even won a raffle prize! That night we headed back into town and ate dinner with a bunch of other scrappers at Popeye's.

Early this afternoon we grabbed a Starbuck's (mine was Peppermint Latte - yum) and headed out of town.

I was home in time for the church's annual Thankoffering dinner. Andy made a big bowl of carrots to take and his holiday specialty, a pumpkin cheesecake. The church provided the turkey and everyone who attended brought a side dish or dessert. E and L went with us; B went to a local music venue with his friend, L, to watch L's brother play with the Julian Jazz Band.

On Saturday, Andy took the kids to the Museuem of Science and Industry's annual Presidents' Breakfast and lighting of the big Christmas tree as part of its Christmas Around the World exhibit. I was sad I missed that this year, but he got a nice picture of the kids for me to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment