Thursday, January 7, 2010

Let it snow


We woke up this morning to a couple of inches of snow on the ground with at least another 6 expected today. I was set to volunteer at the Economy Shop at 8:45 a.m. so I offered to drive E and her three friends to school. I pulled the car out of the garage, turned it off and went to open the trunk so they could toss their backpacks in there. When we all got back into the car, it wouldn't start. I couldn't close the garage door because the car was still a bit inside the garage. I had the girls get out, get their stuff and head to friend A's house to ask for a ride. Meanwhile, I called the husband who was at work - not sure how he could help.

Fortunately, my neighbor E was pulling out of the alley and saw me on the phone with the husband and asked if I needed help. Yes, of course! She pushed my car back into the garage with her car and gave me a ride to the Economy Shop. I got there around 9a.m. so I wasn't too late. The neighbor even picked me up and brought me back home. What a lifesaver!

No comments:

Post a Comment