Sunday, January 10, 2010

Happy 80th!


Today we celebrated my Aunt Lorene's 80th birthday with an open house in Alhambra. We had a delicious luncheon (B must have eaten four pieces of fried chicken) and watched a slide show of photos from Lorene's life and family. I was excited to finally get a picture taken of us seven cousins. In all those years of family parties, dating back as far as I can remember, no one ever took a picture of the seven of us. It was fun looking at the photo show and seeing some photos of us with our cousins that I had never seen before.

Aunt Lorene, who's my godmother, always sent me a card on my actual birthday. Even if we were planning the family part a few weeks later, I could go to the mailbox on July 5 and find a card from Aunt Lorene, usually with a few sticks of gum enclosed.

No comments:

Post a Comment