Sunday, February 11, 2024

Cake, balloons and a car

I wanted to order two quarter-sheet cakes from Jewel, one white, one chocolate. Went to Jewel twice and no one would wait on me at the bakery counter so I went to Costco, talked to the bakers, placed the order and got two half-sheet cakes for less than the two quarters would have cost me at Jewel. More cake that costs less. That's a win-win.
This was the rough drawing I showed the Costco bakery people what I'd like ...
this is what we got. Close enough. I wanted the colors to coordinate since the cakes will be sitting side by side and they do. The cake is being cut today so Andy and I spent yesterday getting everything ready.
We even set up the table for Fellowship Hour.
This is one of the posters I designed and had printed for free at the library. It's been posted in the narthex for a couple of weeks now.
Before we did the church stuff we went to our local Chevy dealer and test drove a Trax. Sent a pic to L and she said she'd love it. Of course she would. We drove one before I bought my Encore and it rode really rough. It was much smoother this time.
The reason we went in wasn't to buy L a car, but to get free Auto Show tickets for taking a test drive. We hope to get to the Auto Show this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment