Thursday, September 14, 2023

For the love of history

I recently took L's graduation sign from our garage to the museum for possible inclusion in the wall of signs we're creating as part of the high school's anniversary exhibit. We have a lot of old artifacts but they said it would be nice to have something from more recent years. They can borrow it, but I want it back. The garage looks a little bare without it. When I walked into work yesterday it was up on the wall. I've been tasked with writing captions for each of the 20-some artifacts.
We were so excited when the huskie mascot came along to drop it off. L said this picture is not to appear at the museum. She thinks she looks bad. Um, it was during a pandemic but OK. We might include the one of the huskie and the teacher walking toward the house with the sign in hand.
I asked a few of my mom friends if they had an OPRF graduation gown they were willing to donate. (We tossed L's a while ago). And I found one! She was happy that it would be going to the museum and thrilled it was now out of her house. And, to make it even better, her son was in the Class of 2019 which was the first class to wear cap and gowns. She even gave me the cap and tassel too. I told her I'd let her know if it makes it into the display so she can come see it.
Speaking of modern things, a neighbor was giving away this lacrosse practice jersey so I told her I'd take it and see if we could use it in the display. Turns out, E used to babysit her kids. Small world.

No comments:

Post a Comment