Friday, September 22, 2023

Dinner and a quilt

E and D flew in yesterday for his brother's wedding weekend. Andy picked them up from O'Hare and even though they're busy this weekend, he brought them here to have dinner with us at Margarita's (and to see B).
E slept here last night and will take my car when I'm done with work today so she and D have a way to get around this weekend. She'll be taking home these patterns for dog clothes (surprise!) I was looking at them at a yard sale and the woman told me to just take them. And E needs the quilt, of course ...
E pieced this colorful quilt to give J and A as a wedding present from her and D. She brought it home in July when they came in for the bachelor and bachelorette parties. She transported it in a medium Vera Bradley duffle and it was a challenge to get it out. It's a king-sized quilt. She and D paid someone to machine-quilt it.
By some miracle I found this "Just married" ribbon and wrapped up the quilt. I even printed out a little tag so they know who the quilt is from. I put it in a reusable shopping bag and told E she could set the quilt on the bag at the wedding so the bride can put it back in and make it easier to carry out of the reception.

No comments:

Post a Comment