Sunday, May 28, 2023

Saturday stuff

Andy did the first shift of donuts yesterday so I went with Allison to some yard sales so he could sleep. He didn't sleep though. HE trimmed the bushes and went to Kohl's. Anyway, we had a good start to the yard sale season. I got the Longaberger basket for $2. It wasn't priced and Allison asked what the owner wanted for it. She said it was special, a gift from her cousin, so $2. Wonder how low the price would have been if she didn't like her cousin. Allison got lucky at one sale and bought a few almost-new Vera Bradley bags and a pair of Allbirds shoes.
This Christmas lightbulb garland was free (the guy wanted a dollar and said no so he said to take it lol). It's so tangled. I'll probably end up cutting it apart. At least it was free.
Then Allison and I went to a nursery in Chicago Heights. I bought one of the baskets of yellow flowers, called Callie Calibrachoa.
I also got this little sedum called Lime Twister.
It was a beautiful day so Andy and I went to Fitzgerald's. There was no afternoon band scheduled for the patio but it was nice and quiet.
I thought this was kind of cute - dandelions in a little water bottle. I don't think Andy agreed. I sent L a picture and asked her if it was classy enough for the Hershey Hotel since it's good enough for Berwyn. She replied lol. And then she said she saw her first famous person (actress E.S.) and she was fan-girling.
A pretty sunset over Irving.

No comments:

Post a Comment