Saturday, February 11, 2023

Leaky fridge

Noticed a bit of water in the basement on Wednesday. Andy said it was probably from the humidifier on our furnace so I turned that off. Then Friday I was the basement and there seemed to be more water, even dripping on my head. That can't be good. I FaceTimed Andy and he had me check a few connections in the basement. We eventually agreed the water might be coming from the refrigerator. Boo.
When he got home from work he and B pulled the fridge out. Sure enough the plastic hose to the water dispenser was leaking. He put tape over it then shut off the water supply. It did give me a chance to clean under the fridge and the top of it. Nineteen years of dirt. Pretty gross.
The fridge was pulled put so the floor could dry while I was making dinner.
Couldn't reach my wooden spoons.
While I was making dinner Andy went to Lowe's to get a repair kit. He got home and was looking through it when he realized it had been previously opened and a couple of important parts were missing. We figure some asswipe bought it, took the pieces they needed then returned it. Andy apparently Lowe's didn't check to make sure everything was there before sealing it back up and putting it on the shelf. Buyer beware indeed.
Andy returned with a new repair kit and fixed it! We're going to leave the refrigerator pulled out until morning to make sure it's not leaking.
We have water!

No comments:

Post a Comment