Monday, August 22, 2022

Immersive Prince exhibit

Allison and I went downtown yesterday afternoon for the immersive Prince exhibit on Michigan Avenue.
Get ready to party like it's 1999.
These are the two Prince albums I'm most familiar with, "1999" and "Purple Rain." I heard those songs a lot my freshman year of college.
The tub scene from the "When Doves Cry" video.
The motorcycle from "Purple Rain" ...
and the guitar he used.
Photo opp.
And another in front of a wall of purple lights.
We liked the exhibit but agreed the music should have been louder. I would have liked to see a little more "Purple Rain" things, especially the purple suit.
The exhibit ended with a gift shop. Again, not a lot of "Purple Rain" things.
We grabbed a drink at the Starbucks Roastery on Michigan Avenue then headed home.

No comments:

Post a Comment