Thursday, January 6, 2022

Disney Day 5 - Hollywood Studios

L's friend A is flying home tonight. They gave me a sad pose as we headed to Hollywood Studios.
I stayed with L and A for the morning while everyone else got in line for Rise of the Resistance. They were in line for more than an hour before the ride shut down.
The three of us looked at stores, walked around and got lunch. A rode Tower of Terror. This was A's sugar-loaded Star Wars-themed dessert.
E got reservations for us at Oga's Cantina in the Star Wars area. Here are our drinks. Mine was the foamy tquila drink in front. Very tasty. And E paid. Nice treat.
E got herself a fancy souvenir mug.
Cheers!
Before dinner at Steakhouse 71 (delicious) in the Contemporary Resort, Andy, B, E, D and I went to the Polynesian Resort for a drinks. We were able to see the fireworks from Magic Kingdom while sitting on the bar's patio.
As we were walking past cast members in front of Magic Kingdom to get to the monorail to go to the Contemprary these three were walking ahead. I heard one of the cast members say, "Hey, where are you guys from?" Not sure if they got the joke at first, but I started laughing. All three showing their Illini pride walking together. Too funny. We found out one cast member was full time and the other three are in the collage program. The CPs are staying about a year. And when we got to the Contemporary, L shows up in her Illinois sweatshirt. I'm glad I wasn't wearing my Illini hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment