Monday, September 13, 2021

Where’s Schubert?

This guy had us all worked up Saturday morning. His mom rang our doorbell around 9 a.m. and said they hadn't seen him for over 12 hours but his tracking device said he was in the area. He had a vet appointment at 10. He never showed for breakfast so we'd been wondering where he was too. We opened our garage and looked for him - nothing.

A little later, his mom asked if anyone knew who lives in the house three doors down. They knew Schubert was trapped in that garage. At least they knew he was safe. I gave her the name and messaged her the phone number. She got no answer but left a message.

Then I realized that the son of that house was in Japanese class with B and they had a mutual friend on Schubert's street. I messaged the mom all the info and numbers (that I had from when they all hosted Japanese students on high school), hoping they could connect through the kids to get Schubert out. She later told me they were able to get him out with help from the family on Schubert's street. I did my good deed for the day and here's Schubert, a free cat and ready for his Sunday morning breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment