Saturday, September 18, 2021

Saturday in Tower Hill

Andy was up early as usual and enjoyed his coffee on the cabin's screened-in porch. Good thing there was coffee in the cabin because the coffeemaker in the dining hall wasn't working.
We saw these wild turkeys after breakfast. There were a lot of them. I saw deer Friday night but they were too far away to get a picture.
We went to Dinge's Farm. I wanted to get a sunflower head so I'd have seeds to plant next spring but the sunflowers weren't dried yet. We did get squash and a pumpkin for the front porch.
We took an after-lunch nature hike through the woods.
My artsy nature picture.
Andy and I walked along Lake Michigan. The waves were strong but the water felt good.
Andy was helping with dinner prep so I stopped at our moderator, D's, wine and cheese gathering. The weather couldn't have been better.
The camp's caterer couldn't provide dinner Saturday night so we were on our own to cook. Andy cooked the burgers. We also had brats.
A friend, who's a better photographer than I am, took this pic of Andy grilling.
Our friend, L, did all the shopping so the refrigerator in our cabin was stuffed. It was the best meal of the weekend.
After dinner we played some trivia and other games. This was our team's tower ...
This was the obvious winner. After the games, Andy helped start the campfire and I went back to the cabin for some conversation before turning in a little early for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment