Sunday, September 12, 2021

Appetizer testing

I'm always on the lookout for a new appetizer so when I came across the Pioneer Woman's Holiday Bacon Appetizers I had to try them out. It"s just a Club cracker topped with a teaspoon of Parmesan cheese or brown sugar and wrapped in half a slice of bacon. They bake at 250 for two hours. This is how they looked with 25 minutes left to bake. They smell great.
I think they'd be better if they were baked on a rack on the pan to drain off the grease. My first thought is that they're really salty, especially the ones with Parmesan cheese. I didn't think they were very good and Andy and B agreed.
These I made for a church wine and cheese gathering - Crack Chicken Pinwheels. Bacon, ranch mix, chicken and cheese. I added a little green onion because I had some. What's not to like, I thought?
I came home with an empty dish so that's a good sign. Andy and I liked them too. I might make these again.

No comments:

Post a Comment