Friday, October 16, 2020

Yard sale finds

This was my best yard sale find toay - a log grabber for 25 cents! Andy and I recently bought a set of fireplace tools (a shovel, poker and brush) to use with the chiminea but it didn't include a log grabber. I've been on the look for a while and today, finally found it. And for a quarter? Such a deal.
And not that I need any more Longaberger baskets, but if you're going to have baskets they're good baskets to have. I think one was $1.50 and the other was $2 or $3. The oval one (called the oval spring basket) on eBay is selling for anywhere from $20 (no protector or liner though) to $60 at the moment and I noticed the pull on the lid of the smaller basket (the large peg basket) isn't original. It should be wood. Oh, well. What can you expect for a couple of bucks? I found a dozen silver tea light holders from Oriental Trading for $3 which will come in handy if I ever get to entertain again. ($16 a dozen on their website).
Allison and I found this mink (?) at an estate sale. I had to send a picture to Andy when I saw that it still had its head. He said I could wear it when we go out to dinner. I passed on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment