Sunday, April 28, 2019

Shopping, show & snow (!)


Andy was at church cleaning yesterday the kitchen for the upcoming doughnut season so L, Cindy and I did a little local shopping. L found this adorable dress she plans to wear for Cousin D's wedding in October. I had to bribe her with $1 to even try a dress on, but once she did, she liked it and tried on a couple more. Money well spent.


By the time we were done shopping the snow was here. Snow on April 27? And it wasn't just a dusting. I found a lot of things for Cindy to buy at Kohl's that she didn't know she wanted. Here's Cindy enjoying spring in Chicago.


The big event of the weekend was to see "Rock of Ages." I've been wanting to see the stage show since I first saw the movie almost seven years ago when I was nursing my cut thumb.


We all enjoyed the show - '80s music, big hair, lots of dancing, and it was funny too. What's not to like?


For dinner we had reservations at La Cantina at Italian Village. Andy had a bloody Mary as an appetizer.


Cindy ordered the chicken marsala.


After dinner Cindy and I waited at the restaurant for Andy to retrieve the car because it was snowing (still)! There were some kids in prom dresses in the restaurant - no coats. Not the best night for prom. The lobby got a little crowded so I told Cindy we should go outside and I'll get a picture of her under the restaurant sign. She stood in the snow and then you can't even see her in the picture.


By time we got home, this much snow accumulated in our yard. L was home while we were downtown. She took the car to a couple stores and ended up with her friend, A and T, at our house. She knows how to entertain herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment