Thursday, October 25, 2018

Grandpa's tractor


I drove to Cindy's yesterday for the weekend crop. After she and Kevin went to the USDA this morning, we went shopping. We stopped at Siever's Equipment to see the 1950 Farmall tractor they bought from our uncle's auction. The story is that my grandfather bought the tractor, which was white, but he didn't want a white tractor, so he painted it red. Once the Sievers bought it, they stripped it and restored it. At the moment, it's not running so it's in the shop's garage. Jim, one of the owners of the implement dealership and farms my land, apologized profusely for it being dusty and not in the showroom where it belongs. He said we should come back and get a family picture when it's clean again. Next time I'll give him some notice I'll be stopping in.

No comments:

Post a Comment