Saturday, September 22, 2018

Homecoming


L got all dressed up and went to the Homecoming Dance tonight. She even had me put semi-permanent maroon dye in her hair and let me paint her fingernails.


We picked up her friend, A, and they went to a local sushi restaurant for dinner.


Andy and I were invited over to our friend N's house for appetizers and drinks with a few other neighbors we've known since the kids were in kindergarten. It was fun catching up and hearing what their now college kids (and beyond) are doing. I made these Caprese skewers for the party. I forgot the salt and pepper but they were good anyway. The recipe says to cut the tomatoes in half so the skewers stand. That seemed like too much work to me. And how would I carry it two blocks to N's house without having them all topple over anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment