Thursday, September 6, 2018

Curriculum night


Andy and I were at OPRF tonight for the school's annual curriculum night. Only one more year to go!


We walked through L's schedule, met all of her teachers and listened to them talk about how they grade. These new chairs and desks were in her first class of the day - History of Chicago. The desk and the chair moved, which I wasn't expecting. I'm lucky I was able to sit down without an incident. It was a little tricky. Nice that the seats are a little cushioned though. Then we went to math, Japanese (sensei asked about E and B of course) and drawing.


L has lunch followed by gym, which we skipped, so we sat around and ate cookies and checked our phones trying to kill about a half hour.


We were going to leave instead of waiting but I wanted to meet her biology teacher and especially her AP English teacher. She said her bio teacher said, "I-L-L" the other day in the class and she was the only student who responded, "I-N-I." She's a U of I grad, of course, but she made her bug collection (on the desk) as part of her master's program at Eastern Illinois. L thinks AP English will be her most difficult class but her teacher seemed pretty reasonable. Let's hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment