Saturday, April 14, 2018

Moms Day and she's 21!


Andy and I (we left L and Mayu home) went to U of I today for Moms Weekend (Day for us) and our first stop was E's apartment. She's 21 today! I gave her a little bag with a few adult beverages, an Apple watch band and a microwave cake.


Then we picked up B at his dorm. It's so nice to have them at the same school!


E took us to the sorority's office to pick up our Moms' Day shirts. I got the corsage for free at one of the bookstores.


Andy and B went to walk around and E and I went to a craft show in the Union. I bought this ISU magnet. Probably not a big seller at U of I, lol.


Then we drove out to the school's Japan House. They were hosting tea ceremonies which we didn't stay for. There really wasn't much to see except for these cranes.


These were pretty cool. These bundles of 1,000 itty-bitty cranes are for good luck. I think they were selling them for $40 (I didn't have my glasses on so that could be wrong. On Etsy, I saw one for over $100.) Wish I had a place to hang that. Good luck never hurts.


And this cardinal was right outside Japan House as we started to go through the garden. It's said a cardinal is a visitor from heaven and if that's true, I'm starting to get spooked. I've seen cardinals on Mom's birthday, Dad's birthday and now E's birthday? A little creepy.


For lunch, Andy and B went to a restaurant while E and I attended her sorority's event at a Champaign restaurant. The first thing I noticed when I walked in was a sign that said "Welcome Mom's." The apostrophe was killing me. Are we in a college town, or what? Not a lot of English majors, I suppose. And, of course, I was seated to be looking at it the entire time.


After about an hour we got our food! It was OK. I had the three little pig omelet - ham, bacon and chorizo with cheese. The iced tea was $3 a glass! The one good thing about the incredibly slow and disorganized service was that I was able to have enough refills to get my money's worth.

No comments:

Post a Comment