Monday, April 23, 2018

Cranes everywhere


L has moved on to another craft to raise money for her upcoming trip to Japan. She's been folding origami cranes. I asked if she could make a chain of 1,000 cranes like I saw at U of I, but instead she's making a decoration with 50 cranes. Here she is photographing it to put on Facebook.

She's going to find something other than my emery boards to hang the cranes from, but this is the finished product. It's pretty labor intensive folding all those little cranes. We went to Michael's to get more origami paper yesterday and couldn't find solid colored paper so she bought printed paper.


Those are going to be so pretty. She had received orders for seven before the day was done. The ones at U of I were selling for $140 each (I thought they were $40!). L is selling hers for $20. She'll be skipping all the way to the bank.

No comments:

Post a Comment