Friday, April 21, 2017

Totoro dress


With L's drawing, Aunt Allison created a Totoro dress for L to wear to a convention this weekend. I'm amazed. And, she did it without a pattern. L took apart one of her dresses that she'd outgrown and they based the new dress pieces on ones from the old dress, just making them a little larger.


I think L was a little surprised to realize that to have a dress sewn for you, you have to try it on multiple times with the pins in it. Brought back memories for me when mom made a lot of our clothes.


This was the dress Wednesday morning. Allison was here into the wee hours of the night sewing on the leaves, the front and the lace. L was so excited when she woke up and saw how much was done, she asked me to send her a photo of it so she could show her friends at school.


Allison was over again last night putting on the finishes touches. My small contribution was embroidering the veins on the leaves at her shoulders, and sewing on the nose and whiskers.


Andy and I are leaving for Jamaica early in the morning, so she tried it on for me after school today. Wow. She looks great! Thanks, Allison!

No comments:

Post a Comment