Saturday, April 8, 2017

Moms Day!


Andy and I left about 7:30 this morning for the drive to U of I where I was meeting E for her sorority's Moms Day brunch. Andy dropped us off, then went golfing while we had brunch and roamed the campus. We walked through the Illini Union where they were having a huge craft fair. Anything you could think of that was orange and blue was there. I was able to snap this picture of us when I got E to take break and sit down. I have a blister on my foot to prove that she made me walk too much. I'll admit I was wearing stupid, flat shoes. We went to all the T-shirt shops and one was giving out free corsages. We walked over to the apartment building E is leasing next fall. Here are pics of a model living room and bedroom:



We got a free T-shirt, goody bag, food, pop, a carnation! It was well worth the walk. We even got a $45 gift card just for doing the tour, even though she told them she had already signed a lease. They couldn't have been nicer.

Once we met back up with Andy, we did a little more walking. E wanted to show us her sorority's office. They don't have a house, but they have an office in the Engineering Building. It was nice to see the composite picture of all the girls.


We decided to use that $45 gift card for dinner, which was at Destihl, the same restaurant where we had the brunch to start off the day. E and I just wanted appetizers so we got cheese curds and pretzels. Andy had a skirt steak. Service was really slow, but the food was pretty good. I think they were a little short-staffed considering it was Moms Day. After dinner, we dropped E off at her dorm and drove to Gillespie to crash at Cindy's for the night.


No comments:

Post a Comment