Saturday, March 14, 2015

Engineering Open House


Andy and I took E to U of I today for the Engineering Open House and an informational session for electrical and computer engineering admitted students. It was a good chance for them to show off the new Electrical and Computer Engineering building that opened in the fall. This is a few from the second floor overlooking the lobby where, usually, they have tables set up for students to socialize and study. I thought the open house would entail touring a few buildings, but it was a huge deal. There were demonstrations in all of the engineering buildings and on the engineering quad. The had a Cat front-loader on the quad, a couple of John Deere tractors and some cars. The coolest thing I saw was a Frisbee launcher. The turnout was much higher than I expected.


Someone even adorned the Alma Mater statue with a string of Engineering Open House (EOH) Frisbees.


Of course, I couldn't let E leave campus without some sort of silly picture so here she is showing off the new ECE Building. She looks like she's having a great time, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment