Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween


L dressed up this year as a skeleton bride, but told her classmates she was "Dead Princess Kate." Seriously. She came home for lunch and I helped her dressed. Her classmates were a little freaked out when they saw her creepy costume (notice the blood-spattered roses I created). I wanted to paint her face white with black around the eyes, but we tried it and she nixed it. It was in the low 50s today, but the school went ahead with the parade around the building. I was surprised L didn't wear a jacket. The little picture is L with her teacher's prize for "Most Creative Girl's Costume."


After school, she went to her neighbor friends E and B's house for a party that ended with trick-or-treating. She was goofing around before they got home from school and said one of the decorations hanging in their parkway tree was her "groom." They go all out on the decorations every year. Last year I took a few pictures. The decorations are similar this year, though they seem to keep adding to it. Here are the "newlyweds" dancing:


I love this pic I took while she waited on their porch. Pretty artistic, eh?:


Here's the whole party. I can't imagine trick-or-treating even half a block with a group this large:


L also went out trick-or-treating on her own after the party and with me for a little after dark. She got a staggering amount of candy. Not to be outdone, E and B went out trick-or-treating with their friends IB and IR and his sister M, who is in E's grade. They must walk fast because they ended up with even more candy than L.

No comments:

Post a Comment