Wednesday, July 4, 2012

U.S. Women's Open


If I didn't know better, I'd swear Andy planned this vacation because he knew the U.S. Women's Open was being played in Kohler. However, it was actually my idea for a short Door County get-away. He did, though, now the U.S. Women's Open was being played. He hatched a little scheme to stop by Kohler's Black Wolf Run golf course on the way back to Chicago to watch a practice round. It cost $17 for each adult - kids were admitted for free - and a woman handed Andy a free ticket so we all got in for $17. That was great.


However, it was 100 degrees (in the shade, I think!) Andy and E sat in the bleachers to watch the pros practice their drives, then walked around to a couple of the holes to watch them play. B, L and I sat in the shade, trying to keep cool. L complained the whole time (I know, hard to believe!) and then asked Andy to buy her a U.S. Open baseball cap, which he did. Unbelievable. Oh, yeah, and Andy bought a shirt for himself and one for E too. Here's L's miserable look (it's been perfected!)


My favorite part of the morning was when L and I were trying to use the porta-potty and L opened the door three times to find someone inside! "Lock the doors, people!" she yelled. Nice. And finally - a quiet B on the way home and sleeping girls! That's L under her pink hat Andy got her.


No comments:

Post a Comment