Saturday, May 12, 2012

And more gifts


Today we went on a little shopping trip for my Mother's Day presents. I found a set of luggage on sale at Macy's. It's not top-of-the-line luggage, but it should last through a few plane rides. My old purple bag has been sufficiently busted up by airline handlers. The inside plastic was cracking and last year's trips to Boston and then Jamaica did it in for sure. Of course, while we were there I had to pick up some Frango mints. Yum.

Andy did a grocery run this afternoon and brought me back a dozen beautiful red roses. Aww!

We finally replaced the office chair we've had on the back porch. It's been looking a little worse for wear the last few months and I saw on Craig's List that the Oak Park Conservatory was selling its office furniture because it had ordered new furniture. I got this fancy new chair for a measley $25. Quite a deal, I think. E says it's so comfortable she hates to get out of it.


After shopping this afternoon, L called Grandma B to wish her a happy Mother's Day and to ask for (another) sleepover. Here she is getting ready to leave. The kids got a nice card for grandma and this mum. L was also taking a card over that Andy bought for his mom. Really, he bought it himself!

No comments:

Post a Comment