Sunday, February 12, 2012

Heat!

This morning when we woke up at Pilgrim Park, the staff said the heat was back to normal. I was so chilled I really didn't notice any warmth. The thermometer said 67 degrees so if that's their idea of normal heat I may pass on the women's retreat next year.

L, E and I left after breakfast. E had to get back to Oak Park for a Girl Scout meeting and I wanted heat ... desperately. I was so thankful for the heated seats in my car!

When we got home Andy had my Valentine's Day present. He bought me two boxes of Frango mints - milk and dark chocolate - saying he wasn't sure which would be better. I'll take both, thank you. We decided not to get each other cards this year because the last time I was at the drugstore, they were all stupid and the ones that were OK were $5 or more.

B was excited today because he provided lunch for his confirmation class. He had Andy buy chicken tenders from Popeye's and potato chips. Even the "vegetarian" girl ate the tenders. I think it was a first that something was served that everyone ate. Whew.

No comments:

Post a Comment