Saturday, September 17, 2011

Family dinner

Today we drove to Westchester to attend Mass at Andy's aunt request. The Mass was at her parish and where Andy's dad's funeral took place. Apparently, she placed a prayer card in for him and the priest mentioned his name so she wanted us there. It was my first Catholic Mass and I was pretty lost. A few observations - I liked how they only sang the first verse of the hymns; there were no bulletins so if you don't know the Mass ritual you're pretty lost; the sermon was short and sweet; and when the hour was up, everyone left, quickly. Now, if our church could keep services to an hour ...

Afterward, Andy's aunt took us (me, Andy, B and L - E was babysitting for a neighbor), Allison, another aunt, and a couple of cousins and their families out to dinner at Nickson's in LaGrange. Service wasn't great and all B would eat was fries (they were out of chicken fingers), but my Texan Brisket Tacos were yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment